Jump to navigation Jump to search
Orders are single orders, time limited and must be renewed as needed
- Physician's Order
- Has to be placed immediately.
- Initiate Care Plans
- Adhoc ED Risk of Violence Care Plan
- Initiate Assessments
- Adhoc SADs Person Scale
- Need of Restraint Assessment
- Assign a Sitter
Reassessments every hour until restraints are off
|Adults over 18||4 hours|
|Age 9 to 17||2 hours|
|Children under 9||1 hour|
Can nurses place order for doctors
- No, nurses are not allowed to place restraint orders for MDs
Do we still have an hour to get order placed?
- No, nurse need to ask doctor to evaluate patient and place restraint orders after restraints are placed.
Can we do trial off
- No, restraints are either on or off. Placing back restraints needs to be reordered.